Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Return of Fast Play Football

Getting hyped up for the return of football (American style).

This has prompted me to bring back my Fast Play Football League (formerly War Without Miniatures Football League).


Pre-Season Moves
Each team is rated for offense, defense, and kicking. I thought it would be uninteresting if the teams had the same stats as last year. But I wanted some consistency with the prior season. Therefore, I decided to roll to see if one of the stats changed.

I rolled a D6 per team, -1 for each superior trait and +1 for each inferior one. A roll of 1 indicates that a trait gets reduced while a 6 indicates an increase. If there is a change, I chose the lowest to increase or highest to decrease. If there were multiple options, I rolled for it.

Overall, the league did well in improving its skill levels. Five of 8 teams increased while only one decreased.
  • Denver and LA improved their offense to average.
  • Chicago improved its defense to average.
  • Dallas improved its kicking game to average.
  • Alas, Washington's offense dropped to average.
  • New York and Miami had no changes.

Week One
I also completed the first week of games.
  • In a tough defensive battle, NY slips by Washington 19-13.
  • Miami surprises with a convincing 23-7 victory over Chicago.
  • Dallas and Seattle are tied 16 all. Seattle scores a TD then hold Dallas for the win!
  • Another surprise! LA (1-9 last season) wins 31-24. The score is a little misleading. LA was up 31-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Denver scored a FG early in the 4th then a TD in garbage time. An attempted onside kick fails.



Oops
I keep track of results in an Excel spreadsheet. Unfortunately, I accidentally overwrote the Season 1 spreadsheet (stupid autosave). At least I have the season summaries on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment