I've been on a Carolingian kick ever since I decided to make some leather armor inspired by Charlemagne's Franks.
By the way, here is an AI conception of my armor.
I was too lazy to take pictures. Here is a quick synopsis instead.
- After some desultory skirmishing, the Frankish knights on both flanks charged the Umayyad javelins. It is a bloodbath - all units are wiped out.
- This leaves open to a flank attack. The Umayyad cavalry hits the archers.
- The rest of the Frankish army retreats.
Because I don't have pictures, I asked AI to create an image of a wargame between the two armies.
- Both sides lose their archers. The Franks also wipe out 2 Saxon warbands.
- The Saxons throw back a unit of knights, but the Frankish general rallies them. Meanwhile, another warband falls.
- The knights are defeated again. This time, they flee.
- But the remaining knights wipe out another warband.
With a single warband left, the Saxons flee.
Some more AI.
- So far, Charlie is 1-1, with more or less historical results.
- Coming up, Franks vs. Lombards and Avars.
- I've grown weary of photographing and posting pictures for the blog. I still like to blog because it serves as a wargames diary. I like to go back and read old posts. But, I am questioning whether photos are necessary. I may just give brief synopses, augmented with some AI illustrations.
No comments:
Post a Comment