Saturday, October 10, 2026

Dacia or Die

The Twelve Foes of Rome Campaign
The next chapter of the campaign.

Another member of the illustrious Bellicosus family leads an invasion of Dacia.

The Dacians (blue) attack. Roman archers cut down the ferocious warriors (left) while the Dacian levy holds off the Roman cavalry (right).

Roman legionaries tangle with the levies. It is mass slaughter.

The Dacian ferocious warriors (center) crush a legion. But the archers (right) take out more levies.

The archers flank the ferocious warriors and cut them down.

Bellicosus is victorious, and his archers are the heroes of the battle (they took out 3 enemy units).

GAME NOTES
  • I shook off the lethargy and completed a couple of games in the Bellicosus campaign. This is one. I will report on the other (vs. Sassanids) in November.
  • The Bellicosus family is now 8-2 in the campaign. Success (i.e. a winning record) is assured. The question now is how successful will they be?
  • I did not use the Dominion of the Spear rules for this battle. Instead, I used Dominion of the Orc. There are some minor nuances; for example, melee infantry vs. melee infantry need a 5+ to succeed in DotS and 4+ in DotO. But it was still fun. Why did I use DotO? I'm testing it for a project I have in mind for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment