Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Dominion of the Orc and Holger Carlsen

Steve Parker has done it again, this time with a fantasy version of the Dominion of rules.


Naturally, I picked it up immediately.

What Armies?
Now that I have, what armies will I use to test it? There is just an embarrassment of choices, I found myself suffering analysis paralysis.

The answer was right in front of me. I was reading this. Well worth reading!

The Armies
I'm currently working on statting up the armies for the two sides - Law and Chaos. Here are my notes so far (possible spoilers)

Law
  • Knights (awesome?) - Holger Carlsen and Carahue
  • Flyer - Alianora the swan-may
  • Magician - Martinus
  • I'd like to represent Hugi but not sure how. Thinking scout
  • Supplement with Carolingian forces - knights and spears
Chaos
  • Magician - Morgan Le Fay
  • Knights - Duke Alfric and his retainers
  • Assorted monsters - dragon, werewolf, troll, nixie (assassin?), the Wild Hunt, and a giant
  • Warriors - the cannibal tribe
Representing the Armies
My current, generic counters will work for the most part. However, I am considering some "monster" counters with a single figure. Still pondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment